- You will need multiple treatments depending on: amount of veins, perfection desired and healing capabilities.
- We suggest beginning treatment 2-3 months prior to a vacation and/or a big event. This way, we have enough time to give you the necessary treatment.
- We can arrange an email or Skype pre-consultation if you do not live within the tri-state area, prior to your complimentary in office consultation.
- During your consultation, we will determine approximately how many treatments you will need. You may begin your treatment following the consultation. Most appointments take about 30 minutes and involve about 40 (or multiples of) painless injections.
- If a patient requires a more advanced and invasive treatment such as EVLT or a mini-phlebectomy, we will provide more information and schedule the procedure for a later date.
- Patients are able to return immediately to their regular activities with no downtime or compression stockings immediately and may resume strenuous exercise the following day.
- Please advise our staff if you are taking hormones, blood thinners, antibiotics, or have a clotting abnormality.
Following your initial consultation, the medical staff will determine approximately how many treatment sessions will be needed to achieve desired results, and from there we will schedule the necessary appointments. Most appointments take about 30 minutes and involve about 40 (or multiples of) painless injections. Patients are able to return to their regular activities with no downtime or compression stockings and may resume strenuous exercise the following day.
If a patient requires a more advanced and invasive treatment such as EVLT or a mini-phlebectomy, we will provide more information and schedule at a later date.
Since most patients need more than one treatment session to clear up all of their spider and varicose veins, visits can be scheduled weekly, monthly, or in multiple visits in a week or even a single day. For out of town patients, and those with very busy schedules, we offer an “intensive program.”
This program is an alternative to returning the office for weekly appointments over the course of a few weeks or months. Instead, it consists from 2-3 sessions on the same day, over the course of 3-4 days, to multiple sessions a week. This technique speeds up the process, yet achieves the same or better cosmetic results.
- Once all your veins have been injected, we should see you in a few weeks for "trap blood" and treat any remaining "stragglers."
- During this intensive program period, occasionally we recommend patients to wear compression stockings for a few days and to use a special cream to accelerate the reabsorption of "black and blues."
- This program is possible due to the use of "Cryo-Sclerotherapy," which makes the procedure painless.
Packages of multiple sclerotherapy treatment sessions are available at a discounted rate depending on the number of sessions required. Please contact us for further information regarding package options.